The First Aid Awareness for Mental Health course is an online course that provides participants with the principles of crisis intervention. Participants will gain knowledge in:
- what a mental illness is
- what a mental health crisis is
- duty of care
- principles of crisis intervention
- to recognise and respond to signs that a person may be at risk
- to provide support to people at risk including suicidality
- where to go for assistance
- principles of self-care when responding to crisis and suicidality.
Perfect for office and retail workers, tradespeople, and community groups.
Easily completed within 60 minutes
Participants will receive a St John Certificate of Completion*