HLTAID011 PROVIDE FIRST AID
Suitable for both people in workplaces and members of the public who would like a comprehensive first aid course. Previously known as HLTAID003, Senior First Aid, Workplace Level 2, and Apply First Aid. Includes CPR.
ABOUT THIS COURSE
A comprehensive first aid course covering a range of topics to enable participants to confidently manage emergency situations and provide a first aid response to a casualty. It covers the most common first aid injuries and illnesses.
The course topics include the DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations, cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), burns, asthma, anaphylaxis, sprains and strains.
This course is taught by St John trainers with over 100 years of combined experience and backgrounds in Nursing, Education and Leadership. They are ready to share their experience and passion with you that creates confidence to perform first aid should you ever need to.
ABOUT VIRTUAL CLASSROOM TRAINING
The Provide First Aid Virtual Classroom option happens in a live online video conference, which provides the benefit of the live classroom environment, but in the comfort of your own home.
Your qualification is equivalent to the same achieved via face to face training.
- Course equipment such as manikin and bandages sent to your home for you to keep
- No need to worry about the commute, traffic or finding parking
- You can log in from wherever you are: at home, in the office or anywhere else
- Receive your certificate within 24 hours of completion
WHAT IS SJX: THE ST JOHN EXPERIENCE
Designed for busy people and workplaces, SJX uses technology to deliver a high quality First Aid training experience in a reduced amount of time.
- An engaging, interactive experience
- Faster more concise training
- Improved ability to recall training in a real-life emergency situation
- Efficient training delivery without compromising on learning quality
- Receive your certificate on the same day
Online Virtual Classroom: 4 hour 100% Virtual – Pre-learning required
A Virtual Classroom provides a real time interaction with the Trainer and other students, but with the flexibility of logging on from the comfort of home. Students need access to the internet, and a laptop with camera and microphone.
This course covers the following:
- Roles and responsibilities of the first aider
- The DRSABCD action plan and responding to emergency situations
- Managing unconscious casualties
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Using a defibrillator (AED)
- Legal issues in first aid
- Infection control
- Heart attack
- Wound and bleeding management
- Fractures and dislocations
- Sprains and strains
- Head and facial injuries
- Spinal injuries
- Medical emergencies
- Abdominal and chest injuries
- Heat and cold induced conditions
- Poisoning management
- Bites and stings
STATEMENT OF ATTAINMENT
On successful completion of this course you will be issued a statement of attainment in:
- HLTAID009 Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- HLTAID010 Provide basic emergency life support
- HLTAID011 Provide First Aid
A successful outcome for this statement of attainment will be determined by a range of different assessment methods including written assessment (questionnaire), observation of simulated and practical activities etc.
You will be required to demonstrate CPR on a manikin on the floor.
This course requires Online Mandatory Pre-Assessment for the 4 hour version to be completed before the course date.
If Online Mandatory Pre-Assessment is not completed prior to the course date, students will not be permitted to enter the class and will not receive certification.