Recently, St John Ambulance ran a nationwide competition to promote the release of the new St John branded defibrillator range. To enter the competition, entrants were required to tell us in less than 100 words why their organisation would benefit from winning a defibrillator. 20 of the most deserving entries won 1x G5 Defibrillator with Intellisense CPR, valued at $2,450.00.
The ACT winners of this competition were the Lake Ginninderra Sea Scouts.
“We are a sea scout group of approx. 120 youth, 50 adult leaders, parent helpers and other volunteers and our facilities are also used by community groups (music, dance, fitness) every day of the week. Our hall is also located on a main pedestrian/bicycle thoroughfare used heavily on the weekend. Given our facilities are heavily utilised by all ages groups, a defibrillator would be a fantastic asset. Hopefully we never have to use it.” – Sharon Pike
On Monday 3 May, our Chief Executive Officer presented the Lake Ginninderra Sea Scouts with their prize.
St John Ambulance ACT CEO, Adrian Watts, presenting to representatives
from the Lake Ginninderra Sea Scouts
This defibrillator comes with features such as:
- CPR feedback to tell you if you are doing CPR fast enough, too fast, deep enough and are fully releasing
- Strong shock capacity with a high-powered battery for up to 420 shocks
- Easier to use pads that can be placed in either spot (known as non-polarised)
- Simple to use
- Smarter shocks
- Extensive daily self-testing
- Rugged, water resistant and able to be dropped
More information about our G5 Defibrillator range can be found at: https://www.stjohndefibrillators.com.au/