Teacher uses first aid to save student’s life

brown snake

An incredible story about a 12 year old boy who was bitten by a deadly Eastern Brown Snake in Canberra recently while on a school camp. Fortunately, his teacher was able to save his life due to her first aid training, which allowed her to calmly take action and care for him until the ambulance arrived. Paramedics said if it wasn’t for the quick-thinking and outstanding first aid skills of school staff, he would not be alive today.

With the hot weather upon us, snakes are active and this incident really highlights the importance of being prepared so you can keep your friends, family, students and the community safe!

If you’d like to find out about our first aid courses which cover snake bite training, please call 6282 2399.

We also have a number of first aid kits and supplies available that you can also enquire about, including:

* Snake bite kits, great for camping or outdoor activities
* Personal Leisure kits, to have around the home
* Premium Compression bandages, specifically for snake bites

A few days training and the right first aid supplies could save a life!

Read more on the Sunrise website.

Teacher uses first aid to save student’s life
Scroll to top